|2020-04-28||SteelSeries Arctis 5|
3DConnexion Inc. is a Logitech company that is providing 3D mouses. The key to all 3D navigation devices is the controller cap. Pressure sensing technology allows the cap to become a virtual extension of you. Push, pull, twist or tilt the cap a fraction of inch to simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate 3D imagery. Increase pressure to go fast or decrease pressure to make intricate adjustments.
3DxWare is the driver provided to manage this kind of device.
This page is dedicated to the Ubuntu/Debian packaging of the 3DxWare driver. This specific package includes additional features (more details).
Please report sucessfully uses to increase our knowledge database. See the last success stories
Development library associated to the 3DxWare driver
The 3DxWare library is divided into severla packages:
- 3dxware: is providing the front-end tools to use space mouses;
- lib3dxware: is providing the official drivers and related tools;
- lib3dxware-java: is providing the Java® library for space mouses;
- lib3dxware-dev: is providing the development libraries for space mouses.
The successfully tested devices with the official 3DxWare driver are:
|Space Navigator||Space Explorer|
Additional Ubuntu/Debian Features
This specific package includes additional features to the official 3DxWare driver:
- a 3DxWare daemon which is not run at startup but when the user has decided to run it;
- a set of commands in menus that permits to a user to start and stop the 3DxWare daemon;
- a Gnome2 notification applet that permits to know the running state of the 3DxWare daemon and to start/stop it with a single click.
The 3DxWare driver was successfully uses by:
- the students in 3D and virtual reality of the University of Technology of Belfort-Monbéliard
- the MAS group of the Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard
A C++ and a Java libraries are available. They permit to quickly develop applications that can use the space mouses.
lib3dxware: is the native library required for C++
lib3dxware-dev: are the headers for the C++ library
lib3dxware-java: is a set of Java classes that permit to use a space mouse.